The "nscsysui_xerox.exe" file is not digitally signed, thats why UAC reacts.
This can be fixed by providing an exception to the UAC.
Locate the .EXE file on your system(normally c://windows/system32/, right click on the file and select "Properties", go to the "Compatibility" tab and check "Run this program as an administrator"
If you want users that does not have admin rights to get access to this file you will have to use the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit
This is not a bug, this is how UAC works in Windows.
Hy and thanks for this post. I got the same problem. I've read all the answers, but... nothing good for me. If anyone has a better solution, please leave a message for me on Arta de a cumpara . Thank you so much.
Xerox did contact me and they provided a solution that I'm finding acceptable.
Basically, don't use the magic Xerox Network Scan software in Enterprise; go into the printer and create a pointer to a valid SMB of FTP share. Users will now have the option to scan to that shared folder (on your File server perhaps?).
If you REALLY want to help a user, create the share on their PC and make the pointer on the printer point to it.
After a couple of years of complaining, I must admit, Xerox did finally give me a solution. Imagine how much better for all of us - and for Xerox - it would have been to simply post this solution for us in the first place.
Thanks Xerox (and Level 2 support)
I solved this problem for me. (Win 7 x64)
1. Download "Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit" by link
2. Find shortcut "Compatibility Administrator" in "Start" menu and run it.
3. Click right button on left side under sigh "Custom Databases" -> "New Database(1)" and choose "Create New" -> "Application Fix".
4. In window in field "Name of the program to be fixed" input any name (Example Xerox net tool), in bottom field set path to exec file Xerox net scan (default c:\Program Files\Xerox\NetworkScan\NSCSysUI_XEROX.exe or c:\Program Files (x86)\Xerox\NetworkScan\NSCSysUI_XEROX.exe), press "Next".
5. Again "Next", and in list "Compability fixes" find parametr "RunAsInvoker" and check the box. Press "Next" and "Finish".
6. Go to the menu "File" -> "Save as", and save file. (Example xerox_net_tool.sdb)
7. By user have no rights administrator click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Promt , right click on it - "Run as adminisrtator". Enter admin account.
8. In the command prompt type: "C:\Windows\System32>sdbinst path_to_saved_file\xerox_net_tool.sdb"