cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneras New Member

nscsysui_xerox.exe

All the users on our domain get the message nscsysui_xerox.exe needs permission to start. Any ideas on how to get rid of this message from appearing everytime they log in? The printer is a Xerox Phaser 3300MFP and has the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: nscsysui_xerox.exe

can you tri disabling bidirectional and job notification support in the options of the driver?

0 Kudos
frozenjim New Member

My staff are experiencing the same problem - at logon they are prompted to allow nscsysui_xerox.exe.

Disabling the bidirectional notifications is not a solution is it?  We didn't buy the Xerox printers planning to disable their feature set.

Is there not an updated driver available?  This is a bug(?)

If this is truly a troubleshooting step that you feel will help resole the problem without disabling features, then I can have one of my techs follow any advice you have given the earlier user.  I tried to do this myself but see nowhere in the preferences/options where I have this ability.

0 Kudos
JazJon New Member

same problem, any update on this ?

0 Kudos
moonbug Member

Anyone resolved this issue?

0 Kudos
Technical Escalation User RuiC-Xerox
Technical Escalation User

how is the driver being deployed? pointprint, gpo?? what driver version is in use? which os is the driver localy instaled on..
Thanks
Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
moonbug Member

OS: Windows 7 x64, WC 3220 Drivers and Utilities - WC3220_Drivers_4_14.zip

Date: 15 Apr, 2010 Version: 4-15-10

Direct workstation installation from zip download.

Keeps prompting "allow unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?" when runnning nscsysUI_xerox.exe. Standard user cannot execute exe file because it prompts for admin password. Without app, cannot select pc as scanning destination.

0 Kudos
frozenjim New Member

how is the driver being deployed? pointprint, gpo?? what driver version is in use? which os is the driver localy instaled on..
Thanks 

I download the file from Xerox, install it on my Windows 7 Enterprise PC while logged in as both local and domain administrator.

0 Kudos
moonbug Member

Also tried NetScan_Utility_v1.11.24.zip, same issue.

Can you let us know which registry keys the nscsysui_xerox.exe app is accessing when it tries to run?

I think that is the the reason it prompts for admin password despite I moved the app to a different folder like c:\temp and it still prompts for admin password.

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi Moonbug,

Thank you for using the Support Forum.  If you are not finding an answer to this issue please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.  They may be able to test with you and find a resolution or workaround for this issue. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos