cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

phaser 8500dn booklet only pdf

I am having a problem printing a pdf from a Windows 7 64 bit machine to a Phaser 8500 DN. The pdf's always come out in booklet mode. I have installed the "latest" driver from the xerox web site (dated something like 10-27-2007). It defaults to grayscale ! I finally found how to get it back to color by selecting the specific printer properties - options- configuration, then it gave me back color. Oh it also defaults to Label printing unless you spcifically select plain paper. Shouldn't plain paper be the defailt?. Everywhere I can find, booklet mode is NOT selected, however whenever I print a pdf, it comes out in booklet mode. Other apps print fine to the printer (this page via firefox looks fine).

It may be an Adobe problem, however I can print the same pdf to any other printer and it comes out just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: phaser 8500dn booklet only pdf

strange... look in the layout tab of the driver if booklet is selected... if it isnt , then it must be a setting in adobe

you also have those setting for booklet printing in word...
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Peter,

Did you ever find a solution to this? We've having the same problem in our office with our Phaser 6350 on both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows 7. We also had the same issue you did with the printer only printing black and white until we changed some settings in the driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

verry stange , have you tried the new global drivers ? i have posted a link in this forum

Highlighted

That fixed it! Thanks, Fabio!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Asherrick,

Thanks for using our customer forum to troubleshoot! I hope it was a positive experience for you and that you'll come back in the future.

I wanted to let you know that there is an option to mark a post as "Accept as Solution" so that other users can jump to the solution quickly.

Again, thanks for posting and welcome!

~Alice

Forum Moderator

0 Kudos