Have you already tried replacing the drum unit?
NOTE: The Drum Cartridge is a Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU). After approximately 60,000 copies / prints, the machine will display a warning message before the Drum reaches the end-of-life. Make sure to have a replacement cartridge available.
To remove the old Drum Cartridge:
- Open the Front Cover by pulling the cover towards you.
- Open the Bypass Tray, and then open Cover A while lifting up the release lever.
- Lift up the colored lever, and slide the Drum Cartridge out until the handle on top of the cartridge can be lifted.
- Grasp the handle and remove the cartridge from the machine.
NOTE: To recycle used Drum Cartridges, return them to Xerox in the original packaging. Return labels are included with each new cartridge.
To install the new Drum Cartridge:
CAUTION: When replacing the Drum Cartridge, make sure that the new cartridge is the correct cartridge specified for the machine.
- Remove the new Drum Cartridge from the box.
- Carefully remove the protective sheet from the cartridge by peeling the tape up and slowly pulling the sheet out.
- Place the cartridge in position and slide it into the machine until it clicks into place.
- Remove the cartridge seal completely by pulling the tape straight out and make sure the cartridge remains fully seated to the rear.
- Close Cover A until it latches, and then close the Bypass Tray.
- Close the Front Cover.
Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!