cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

problem with Xerox Global PS driver

We have a XEROX WorkCentre 7535 printer. I want to setup this network printer on windows server 2008 on Citrix or any other virtual windows machine. I added this printer with PS driver  using "add printer" option on Devices and printers, but everytime it just behaves strangley. sometime it just print out the error  syntax error OFFENDING command page , and sometimes it just print a document witth error messages multiple times and it doesnot stop until the user stops the print job. we use this printer on Mac OS without any issue and the directed driver from Mac os to Citrix is working fine. I also try to use PCL driver which also bahaves strangley with different documnets. I just tried to update the driver as well with windows update for driver when adding the driver. this issue is very annoying :(

I would appriciat for any help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: problem with Xerox Global PS driver

Hi, myxerox!

Do you really need to use the global driver?

If so have you tried the latest driver on the support page? and also, have you configured the driver for the 7535 printer? (This can be changed in the Administration tab)

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply Kimzi. I have recently installed diffenret drivers ( the updated ones) and none of them worked. when sending job to print the satuse changes to error status. I also updated the workcentre firmware to the latest version.

What else should I do?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

I do believe the PS driver is the right way to go, but have you tried looking through the helpful hints that Xerox provide HERE?

The 7535 should work with:

XenApp version 5.0 and higher, XenDesktop version 4.0 and higher.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks again for your response. I also found out that after updating firmware, we cannot send any print to the xerox from any windows machine ( like win7 or any non-citrix machines). The status of any print job in the queue is changing from printing to error-printing ..

we also have another workcentre 7535 printer which works fine. 

any advice would be appriciated..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

Then maybe we should do some network troubleshooting :)

sounds like the configuration got lost when doing the firmware upgrade, try resetting the printer and setting it up again?

Can you access the printer from Centreware?

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I really appriciate your response again. The point is we are able to send prints from Mac OS. The problem is with windows.

also with auto cretaed printers in citrix sessions ( wich come from clients with Mac os ) , users can send prints.

As I said, I tought there was just an issue with citrix servers, but I treid some other non-citrix windows machine, but still no print. ( the same as citrix one : the print status is changing from printing to error- printing frequently till somebody stop the print job)

I installed the drivers on each windows machine using the Web-Based Print Driver installer from xerox website ( to make sure it selects The right printer drivers.

when I send a print from windows, I always look at the jobs page of the workcenter web interface, and there is no job listed in the queue. 

I also sent a print from the Centreware ( workcenter web interface)  successfully. ( just sending an information page).

I am also wondering if there is  any way ( software or any command that I can track all the steps and path a print goes till reach to the printer. in this case one can say where the error is.) 

Thanks in advance for any other advice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again, Myxerox!

Hmm the mac machines are connected to the same local network with the same settings?

What about adding the printer manually on the windows machine instead? (what OS do you have?)

Try adding the latest PCL driver from the website for testing purpose, by doing as following:

1. Download the installer and extract the files only.

2. Click “Add a local printer”.

3. Here you check “Create a new port” and choose “Standard TCP/IP Port” as the type.
4. When you click next you will need to enter “IP-Address” and “Port name”.
Tip: Remember to uncheck “Query the printer and automatically select the
driver to use”

5. When done with this just press “Next” and “Finish”. When “Install the printer driver” pops
up, press “Have Disk”.

6. When you press “Have Disk” a new window will pop up where you can navigate to where
you extracted the files and choose the correct .inf file.

Also try changing the port used from RAW to LPR, and reverse.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos