cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

problems with double sided printing Phaser 6140, please help

Hi everyone,

i'm basicly losing it from messing around all day tying to get my phaser 6140 to do a nice double sided print.

Here's the problem, when i"m trying to do a double sided print on paper size A4 the crop lines don't line up, one side of the page has the cropline off by 4mm on top in comparission with the cropline on the other side of the A4.

Does annyone please know how to get this fixed or what settings i should use to get the crop lines lign up nicely on both sides of the page. Been trying to figure this out the entire day but without luck.

I even called Xerox helpdesk but they didn't want to help me since i had no more waranty and since i didn't have the support contract or something

please help me out someone:smileysad:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: problems with double sided printing Phaser 6140, please help

Hi artofficial,

Thank you for using the Support Forum.  You do not mention which driver you are using.  If you are using the PCL driver on the Layout Tab make sure the margin shift setting has not been changed, you can try setting back to defaults and see if that helps. You can also try using both drivers PS and PCL and see if the problem is seen on both drivers. If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Highlighted

Hello CherylO

Thank you for replying and trying to help!

could you please explain where i can check witch driver i'm actually using and how to acces the margin shift settings?How to set everything back to default? i can't find it in the manual.

i'm using a mac 10.6.8. The xerox printer is a "Phaser 6140"

again thank you for helping, i called the help desk but just wouldn't help me out since the printer is no longer under waranty...we have 4 xerox printers but had no idea customer service was of this poor quality with Xerox!

kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi

I now have a problem printing from my Phaser 6280 which used to print all docs double sided.  We need to use the PCL driver so that we can print booklets but when we go to select double sided now, the option is nolonger there.  I wondered if another update had affected this but goodness knows what as we are all technically incompetent so everything is on auto update.  Pls help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey you!

You'll need to choose the correct driver when installing, it should be the 6140DN driver, if you have done so.

Go to Preferences/Printer Preferences -> Options.

Here you will find an option called Duplex Unit, this should be set to Available.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have been using a Phaser 6140DN for a couple of years without problem.

I recently reinstalled my laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bit.  I can now no longer print double sided.  I have tried the Class driver, the PS and the PCL driver. I have deleted and re-installed them twice. The option for duplex printing is present and checked.  A second PC on the same home network also running Windows 8.1 64 bit prints double sided just fine using the PS driver.  When the configuratoin page is printed on printer reboot it also comes out double sided.  I've tried connecting via IPv4, IPv6 and USB, but makes no difference.

any thoughts out there??

0 Kudos