We currently have two different Xerox printers in our office:
We used to have no issues printing for either model. However, for the past month or so, we have been unable to add any new computers to the printers. We install the drivers downloaded from xerox.com, as we were before, and it looks like the printers are successfully added, but whenever we try to print, we get "Error - Printing" (see image)
There are two things that are kinda strange about this issue.
1) Windows 10 PCs that we connected before we started having issues are still able to successfully print to the models listed above. It's only new Windows computers we try to connect to the printers that are having issues printing.
2) We have been successful in adding MAC PCs and printing from them to the models listed above, as recently as today. We have had no problems connecting any MACs to the printers.
I'm unsure of where to get any codes, but I've tried a few solutions to resolve the printing, including:
- Stopping and restarting the Print Spooler service
- Powering off/on the printer itself
- Trying to update drivers through Computer Management (says they're up-to-date)
- Deleting the files from \Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
Anyone have any ideas on what else we could try, or what could potentially be causing the issue? Thanks for any advice!
The process we were doing for Windows PCs was:
1) Download the Windows 10 x64 driver from https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/product/workcentre-6027/downloads?platform=win10x64&language=en (we would select the top option, Xerox WorkCentre 6027 Driver x64 bit Installation Package)
2) Run the file and Install
3) After the files were successfully extracted, select "Install Software"
4) Accept the terms
5) Select Network Installation
6) The installation software would successfully locate the printers in our network. I would select which ones I needed, install the drivers, and restart the computer if needed.
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Sounds like you have tried everything already, so it would suggest contacting support: 1-800-821-2797 or 1-800-835-6100