cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

some printouts being held on 7556, please help

We just had new 7556 and 7535 installed here in our office. Regular Windows printing works fine. I have a AS/400 iSeries in a datacenter that also prints to these 2 machines. Printing from the iSeries to the 7535 works fine. Printing from the iSeries to the 7556 all jobs are held, resources required. These print jobs are for 8.5X11 and of course the machine has this paper size in it. I'm lost, I've checked every setting I can think of. I do not have direct access to the iSeries but my contact has said that settings are the same for both, thanks for any help.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: some printouts being held on 7556, please help

We're having the same issue. The print job is sent to the queue on the 7556 but the job is held becuase system resources are needed. The Job Details show the paper type is "Unknown". The Paper Source under the Device Description for the printer under the AS400 has been set to either *MFRTYPMDL or *LETTER to no avail.

We're testing different MFRTYPMDL types. The original one set was *HP4000. IBM has several others to try.

We have not attempted to load the Xerox XTOOLS library available from Xerox yet as that's a little more involved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Changing the MFRTYPMDL to *LEXMARKC750 and the paper source to *MFRTYPMDL instead of *LETTER worked perfectly.

We can now print to the Xerox WorkCentre 7556 from the AS400 over TCP/IP. Hope that helps your issue as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Actually, I've found out some more information. This is happening with both our our new 75XX machines. Seems that the AS400 always wants to print to tray 1 period. If tray 1 has 8.5x11 then all is well. But if tray 1 has another paper then the print jobs are held, the Xerox will not use another tray with 8.5x11, which stinks.

I've done some googling and it seems that there is some 'workstation customization' that can be done on the AS400 to specify which tray to use, but I dont have access to the AS400 to make any changes like this.

I've told my datacenter to just forget it at this point, I will keep tray 1 filled!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Hi,

Any way, if you one day need to change tray settings on a 'workstation customization', just follow these instructions:

http://www.office.xerox.com/support/dctips/dc04cc0340.pdf

The commands for 75xx trays can be found here:

http://www.office.xerox.com/support/dctips/dc04cc0340.pdf

Regards

Rui

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos