Frequent Member

Re: stop print job paper size changing tray size setting in printer

any update on this?

0 Kudos
project_2501
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I have just managed to get through to somone at Xerox by phone (after speaking unsuccessuflly to abut 4 people) .. and I have raised the issue of these fourms being poorly managed.

They promised to raise with senior management.

0 Kudos
project_2501
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thank Cheryl

Sadly that article doesn't help. The printer has always been set to "prompt to load paper".

This means there are two bugs:

• the printer is trying to print Letter jobs on A4 paper, ignoring that setting
  • more seriously, changing the default paper size for Tray 1 to Letter so all future print jobs from any user fails

I have tried over 3 days to contact the support centre but they won't talk to me without me paying an invoice! 

That is seriously wrong - because (1) I'm helping you fix your own product, (2) no company of any repute asks people to pay to find and highlight bugs

I tried the online chat and was on hold for 3 hours and gave up. I tried ringing and keep gettign cut off.

0 Kudos
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi project_2501, 

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this article from the online support for your printer.  If the article does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
project_2501
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

stop print job paper size changing tray size setting in printer

Product Name: Phaser 6510
Operating System: macOS 12 - Monterey

Sometimes a job is sent to the printer which has the incorrect page size "Letter". The correct size should be "A4" and this is what the actual paper is, and also the default settings of Tray 1 paper size.

This results in a paper jam, as the printer tries to roll more paper that isn't there - A4 is longer than Letter.

The problem is that sending a Letter job to the printer causes its settings to change - the defualt ppaer size for Tray 1 becomes Letter. This then prevents other correct A4 jobs being printed.

This should be considered a bug - no job should change the printers own settings.

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a setting to stop this override, or is this a firmware bug?

The workaround is to manually go into the menu and set the Tray 1 paper size to A4 again. This needs to be done every time a Letter job is sent to the printer and causes a paper jam.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos