cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
israelch21

the bypass Tray 5 is not closed (it seems undetected by the printer)

Jump to solution
Product Name: Other - specify product in post
Operating System: Not Applicable

hello!
i recently bought my printer and after shipping when i try to print, the machine display an error (077-304) i think
saying that the tray 5 is not closed.

i tried to unplug and plug the cable of it, and i checked around, there doesn't seem to be a bad cable...

please help me if it's possible because i can't send back the printer and the Xerox machine can't do anything while the bypass will stay opened.

thank you for your help

5 Replies
GabiE-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: the bypass Tray 5 is not closed (it seems undetected by the printer)

Jump to solution

Hi,

It could be a dislodged switch or some wires broken.

Gabi

israelch21

Jump to solution
After checking everything with a technician, everything seems to be fine ; we even carried spears but they doesn't work.

The technician said that even the machine is not initializing and the FUSER is not even getting hot.

Can it be a power issue ? printer is powering on but the printer does not finishe initializing.
0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

The machine considers the bypass interlock circuit the same as it would consider one of the other main interlocks such as the front door. And the bypass interlock and elevator is one of the first things that are checked during machine initialization. Therefore the bypass interlock malfunction will not allow some subsystems to receive power (such as fuser) while the interlock is malfunctioning.

Did you have a Xerox tech look at this or was it a 3rd party service tech? This should be a straight forward diagnosis for a Xerox tech that has service documentation.

Since you say it was moved, I would inspect the male and female connector pins for the bypass cable. With a flashlight and magnifying glass if necessary. And of course the actuator and interlock, as well as the switch connections themselves.

Is the bypass that is on the machine the original that came with the machine or from another 242 machine? This type of bypass is found on other models of the same family, but they may not be interchangable between the other models due to pin configuations and other differences.

Thank you for the video... it was helpful

Good luck!

Andy

0 Kudos
israelch21

Jump to solution

hey, thank you very much for your help.

My printer is actually good.

I transfered this message to my technician and he finally got the issue and solved it.

Thanks alot for the communty Xerox.

I'm gratefull

0 Kudos
andymbody
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Jump to solution

That's great!

Which info was helpful?

Andy

0 Kudos