cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cesarcast

workcenter 5330 Linux

Product Name: Other - specify product in post

Hello, have somebody any driver for opensuse workcentre 5330 printer?
The driver that appears at the XEROX page does not work with this operating system
, or

Have  someone have the ppd file for Linux?, because  the file that appears  is only for windows.

thank

0 Kudos
4 Replies
UpstateRob

Re: workcenter 5330 Linux

I have a ppd I use for RedHat RHEL Linux for xerox.  I call it xdc.ppd.gz and xrd.ppd.gz that go into /usr/share/cups/model for this command:

# /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p maint_office -m xrd.ppd.gz  -E -v socket://3.31.x.x

OR -P to point to a ppd file directly (that is aleady gunzip'd)

Your only question NOW is where I got them from OR how can I ftp/email them to you.  If you have an FTP site, I can go out thru out proxy and send them to you.  Search the internet first.

0 Kudos
cesarcast

Hi again, I just have a doubt, you comment you have two files, one of them is to control the printer and the another one is to control the copy machine, is that right ?

Could you please send me both files  ?

Best regards

Thank you!

email: cesar.castilla@metromex.mx

0 Kudos
UpstateRob

NO, one is a workcenter and the other is for a xerox printer.... really try them both and you should get PDFs coming out too...

Emailing to you in a PC zipfile.

0 Kudos
cesarcast

First of all, thank you for the information. I checked it out, I tried both PPD, but not one of them work.
I had connection and once I send to print it make the  tray  empty.
I found out a  workcenter 7345 PPD, but it works just for letter size (11 x 8 in), I am trying to figure out how it works for 11 x 17 in size.
Do you have any idea how can I do this ?

I really appreciate your help, thank you Robert.

Best Regards!

0 Kudos