cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ColorQube 8570 Supplies Cost in UAT

Hello

I have installed the Usage Analysis Tool to track costs on our Xerox ColorQube 8570.  however I cant get any Supplies Cost data to import for this printer or its Higher End counterpart... the ColorQube 8870.  The only data it will import are for some of the older printers in the list.  How can I  get some sort of Supplies costs in this application so I can see job costing?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ColorQube 8570 Supplies Cost in UAT

Hi TFancher,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for how to print or view the usage report.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, Thank you for your reply. However, this didnt answer my question. Im not needing the Usage report from the printer. Im inquiring as to why there are no supplies cost data for this printer.  

Ive downloaded the Usage analysis tool software from Xerox and this program is supposed to download the supplies cost for this printer from Xerox. Without the data the program cant tell me how many Dollars a print costs or how many dollars a dept in our company is using up on prints.  How can I get the suppies cost data that I need?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I have the same problem.  The new version of the UAT seems to not have been properly written to include ink costs.  Having owned a Phaser 860DP, I know that this tool is very useful - especially when you do consulting work and need to provide quotes for color printing based on your costs.

If you've had any success in working it out, please post and let us know!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I still own my 860DP and absolutely love that printer.

I still havent gotten a useful reply to my inquiry here from the Community Manager. However I plan to figure out if there is a way to modify an existing table and manually input my own data for the new ColorQube. I was just hoping there was an easier way - like someone at Xerox doing a simple update??

When I find out a way Ill post back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I think I've found the solution.

The UAT Supplies Cost window is not very intuitive.  Here's what it looks like for our printer (see below).  Presuming yours looks the same, you may be wondering how and where the heck to enter updated costs and where the edits go, which is to say it's not clear which row they belong in.

UAT1.jpg

What you have to do is to grab the right side belonging to the Supplies column, and drag it further to the right, so that it looks like this:

UAT2.jpg

That will give you a scroll bar at the bottom with which to slide back and forth far enough to get to the field where you can then enter the new media costs and start date for same, like this:

UAT3.jpg

After you're done editing as needed, click 'apply' and then save the edits back.  Your jobs will be updated dynamically.

BTW, just out of curiosity, which printer do you like more - your 860DP or the 8570DT, and why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Just wanted to revisit this post.  It seems that the UAT is not displaying job cost correctly, and I'd like to hear back from a Xerox representative on this issue.  See below for a specific case.

Using a 300 sheet (600 side) duplex booklet I printed, the UAT shows the following (rounded off) costs:

C: 62

M: 67

Y: 87

K: 53

Maint: 6

Media: 9

Total Job Cost: 13

Presuming that the above numbers for ink usage are expressed in dollars (otherwise, what's the point of entering supplies costing at all?) I'd like to understand how $62 + $67 + $87 + $53 + $6 + $9 = $13.  Maybe this is the new 'Common Core' math we've been hearing so much about?  By my calculations, the REAL cost for this run should be $284 in total.

I am asking for someone who works for Xerox to please respond and/or escalate this issue, because I rely on accurate job costing when working with clients and the reliability of the information is now called into question.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hammerhead,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Have you tried the latest version of the UAT that was released in October of 2014?  If not please give that one a try.  If you still have an issue you will need to contact support

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Cheryl, I'd love to answer your question but unfortuantely I have no idea what version of the software I have compared to whatever the current version is, because using the Xerox link to SEARCH for the current version returns no results.  Would it not have been a good idea to link to the download so I can confirm either way?

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/enus.html

ETA: I was able to locate the UAT under software for my printer (CQ8570) despite the fact that there's no listing via the link above.  Unfortunately the upgrade failed with an error 1316: 'That user account already exists'.  If it sounds like my messages are snarky, it's because this is exceedingly frustrating and I expected better from Xerox.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Cheryl, after a brute force (but successful) attempt at upgrading the UAT, the new version is no different in this regard.  Unfortunately I was unable to register for technical support because I don't have a Xerox-created Customer ID or Invoice number as I purchased my machine through one of your resllers.

Please advise.

0 Kudos