cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does ConnectKey software allow for printing from iPad when accounting is enabled?

Hello all. Since I have a hard time getting calls back from Xerox, I thought i'd ask here. I have 2 ColorQube 9303 machines, both with 061 firmware. Currently iPad users can't print to the machines because we have Accouting enabled. If I upgrade to the 071 firmware with ConnectKey, will the iPad users be able to finally print? I'll only upgrade to 071 if they can. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Does ConnectKey software allow for printing from iPad when accounting is enabled?

Hi KWilliamsCorona,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this solution for configuring the machine to print with AirPrint and see if this answers your questions about printing from an iPad.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Re: Does ConnectKey software allow for printing from iPad when accounting is enabled?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I tried contacting my support centre but they never called back. And they seemed confused when I described the situation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mike, that's what I'm afraid of. A lot of users here have iPads and no laptops or desktops. As of right now they can't print to our machines because of the accounting. I guess it won't hurt anything to try upgrading the firmware.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey!

I suggest you have a look at Xerox Printback, the only problem is that you need to have one server(computer) with the printer installed on it. Which means you use the computer as the middle-hand.

This will allow all the iPad-users to print even with accounting on, they have to use the same account though.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion but if they all use the same account then that defeats the purpose of accounting. We charge each user for how much they print.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you require a mobile printing solution that supports accounting options, such as Xerox secure access and Equitrac, I would suggest you look at a product called PrinterOn (PrinterOn Website)

0 Kudos