cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LDAPS features & configuration

Operating System: Windows Server 2016

We have plans to configure LDAPS. Our environment makes use of SMB scans with username and password as a user with access rights to individual employee's scan folders on our server. What I am wondering is whether we could configure LDAPS to pull user details such as:

1. Name
  2. Email address
  3. SMB username (based on Windows Server credentials)
  4. Save in
  5. Password (based on Windows Server credentials)
  6. Shared name
  7. Index

from Active Directory? I am certain Name, Email address, Index is possible - via editing some of the Attributes in AD but I don't know if SMB username, folder and password is possible.

Has anyone done something like this? I can manage AD to try to fit these details. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: LDAPS features & configuration

Directions change printer side dependant on models.

The scanning is Scan To Home, Credentials and home directory are easily done.

Email address is even easier.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Hi, I am aware of configuring print to SMB. But how can I do this to pull the data directly from AD? Rather than always uploading CSV file formats of the address book?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi, I am aware of configuring print to SMB.

Print to SMB doesn't exist

But how can I do this to pull the data directly from AD?

By using Network authentication and Scan to Home

Directions change printer side dependant on models. And since you haven't bothered to supply a Xerox model, no more info is going to be provided

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Oops. I thought when I created the message it asked for my printer model. Anyway the model is DocuCentre VII C3733.

Sorry I meant Scan to SMB (not print to SMB). What I wanted is to pull AD data into the MFP so that I don't have to update scan to SMB address book

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

DocuCentre isn't sold in North America, so I have no experience with it (FujiXerox sells/makes/supports them)

There are no Xerox machines or FujiXerox controllers that are sold in North America cthat can have an addressbook populated by polling a server of any kind though

Scan To Home is done by you logging into the device with your AD credentials, it then will populate a scan template to your home directory using your credentials, and emails sent can be done as if coming from the logged in user. But you have to log in, either by typing in your information each time, or via Card reader tech.

It's a pain to setup, and a pain to log in unless using Cards (Typically NFC cards)

Joe Arseneau