Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hroberts65616

Need to enable StartTLS

Product Name: Xerox WorkCentre 7428
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Hello All,

According to this page: https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/x_wc7245_en-O45411

I should be able to configure STARTTLS on this printer.  However I do not have this option.

I am running the latest version of the firmware I can find on Xerox's website: System: 75.3.1 or Controller+PS: 1.182.18

However it is not listed. Is there a newer version of the firmware that I am unable to locate? Is there a feature code I need to enter to get this feature?

Thanks for your help in this

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TammyL-Xerox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Need to enable StartTLS

Hello hroberts65616, 

Have you tried changing the SMTP - SSL/TLS Communication from SSL/TLS to STARTTLS?

1.From a computer, open an Internet browser window.
2. Enter the IP Address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
3. Click on the [Properties] tab.
4. Enter the user name and password in the fields provided, and then click on the [Login] button.

NOTE: The default username is "admin" (case sensitive), and the default password is "1111".

5. Click on [Connectivity] and then [Protocols].
6. Click on [SMTP Server].
7. Change the "SMTP - SSL/TLS Communication" from "SSL/TLS" to "STARTTLS".
8. Click on [Apply].

If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance @ 1-800-821-2797.

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!