Is it possible to collect print stats from each printer using SNMP or any other method?
We would also like to receive toner/drum low level notifications and other critical printer events over SNMP, is it also possible?
And eventually, where can I find Xerox MiBs for different printer models
You will need to do some footwork to compile it, the following is usable for pretty much any Xerox device.
This management information base file (.mib) file can be loaded into wire shark by means of the following;
- Open Wireshark
- Click edit, and then preferences.
- Navigate to the Name Resolution link, and click the edit button beside (MIB and PIB) paths as shown below;
- Click the plus sign and navigate to the folder hosting the Printer-MIB.mib file, and press the select folder button.
- Click the edit button beside (MIB and PIB) modules.
- Click the plus sign.
- Type Printer-MIB for the module name and click ok.
- Restart Wireshark.
- An object identifier is a series of numbers that translate into defined task to be executed on the host. An OID will usually look like this: 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168, of which translates to hrprinterStatus.1. The MIB file in Wireshark performs the numeric to alpha translation to determine the snmp query. Example shown below after MIB file is loaded in Wireshark;
Hello, thank you for the guide
Is there any list of SNMP Mibs/OIDs and descriptions their functions? I would need the numbers of impressions for b&w and color, as long as toner levels
All I could find on the internet is this, but I dont know which Mibs I should use
Color (Xerox): 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 Mono (Xerox): 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199
If this was simply stored in a pdf, I certainly would have linked it and not provided how to decrypt a device via Wireshark.