Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Printing from android device using XSA

Product Name: Xerox 7855
Operating System: Android

Hello

my 7855 printer is configured to allow print using Xerox Standard Account authentication system. I'd like to print from android devices but it seems that there is no way to set user id and group id. Is there any workaround? I have 15 users and 5 groups.

My firmware version is: 073.040.009.03700 

Thanks

F.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Printing from android device using XSA

I don't think you need it, but you may want to have the Xerox Print Service plugin on your device.

In my case, with  Samsung Galaxy S8+, I go to Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Printing > Mopria Print Service

2019-02-25 15.39.50.jpg2019-02-25 15.39.59.jpg2019-02-25 15.40.06.jpg2019-03-06 13.31.06.jpg2019-03-06 13.33.11.jpg2019-03-06 13.33.17.jpg2019-03-06 13.33.29.jpg

Select the Accounting option and you can add the info there, be advised it asks for more info than a driver will. The User ID is just what you put on the printer to make a copy, or in the print driver, obtained here in CWIS

3.JPG

But it also requires you to enter an Account ID which is incorrect terminaolgy in the Xerox case, but it works when you use what we call the Group Account. which by default is simply 999999 , but you can add more. Just select the next tab (Group Accounts) when viewing a user to confirm.

4.JPG

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

is this also possible for airprint?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I highly doubt it, but I don't have an iOS device to try it.

We used to have near 50/50 iOS/Android distribution in my department.

Now we have a single iOS user and he literally is still running an iPhone 3 something, which can't run anything anymore. Everyone else has moved away from iOS here except 2 managers, and they won't let me go digging all willy nilly on their personal phones for some reason ;-)

*If* Apple supports accounting then it should, but Xerox doesn't in any way control what Apple does or doesn't support.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thank you Joe! It works fine now. Anyway I have some (few) iOS devices, and mopria is not available in this operating system. Is there any other workaround for iOS?

Thanks

Fabio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

MOPRIA and Airprint are the same thing, But Airprint is their (Apple's) closed source version and they don't play nice (at all really) with 3rd parties.

Follow this workaround if Apple users must be allowed to print. But you won't be able to track them by person, just that they came in via a phone. MOPRIA has been updated to include it since that post, Apple has done nothing it seems since 2013/2014

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos