We just finished configuring our c405 and went home for th eweekend. Upon our return on Monday (today) the printer's web interface would not allow us to login anymore. I cannot seem to do anything from teh web interface. I can login from teh device front panel... I tried adding the device certificate to my local store and added the original hostname to the local hosts file (we renamed the device at some point).... I even tried disabling SSL. No luck. Any idea what's going on here? Will I need to factory reset this device?
Solved! Go to Solution.
That looks like what happens with a browser cache when you apply a setting that would require it to reboot.
The fix can be
1. Use another browser
2. Clear the cache of the current browser
3. Reboot the PC
3 failed logins (in a row) will block you as this one has.
You just have to reboot it.
Thanks! Also found out that one of our work colleagues changed teh password. Yeah, that'll do it, too!
I am also seeing some odd browser behavior (System is currently patched Win 10 x64):
Edge - Upon initial connection, I am presented with the error: The operation cannot be processed". I click OK and proceed to the login page. After entering the correct credentials, the landing page is bounced between ...index.html and ...index.html#hashHome
IE (11) - Cannot even connect to one of my devices due to certificate errors. The device that prevents me from connecting only shows the following error: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID. I am not sure why one device will allow me to connect using IE and the other will not.
Chrome: No issues. I can proceed past the initial certificate errors, but no problems past that.
We have a Win 8.1 system here that cannot connect at all, on any browser, and gets the dancing pages issue (same as my Edge issue).
Lastly, on my Macbook, using Safari, I can connect just fine, same as when using Google Chrome.
If I need to move this issue to a new post, or different category, please let me know.
I would just use the browser that does work to disable HTTPs.
Then verify all browsers work in all OS's.
Then create a new cert and enable HTTPs again on the printer and test again.
I've found that Xerox UI for the doesn't Support anything other than Microsoft Explorer. Chrome won't log-in. Only wrong Password is passed as the error, even if it is correct. Appears to be something in password encryption between the two Browsers that isn't correct and other alternatives I personally haven't tested.
Use Microsoft Explorer, accept the continuous system hang ups and live with it. Perhaps someday the Xerox UI will support Browsers other than FireFox or MS
Chrome will log into the printer itself just fine, the issue it has is setting new passwords (For email logins or FTP/SMB shares)
Here is a Versalink I am currently logged into for instance
Everything else works fine. And it isn't just IE that works, EDGE/IE/Safari/Firefox/Ice Weasel/Flock/Opera/Avant/Konqueror/Samsung Internet all work just fine.