new firmware fixes the google chrome issue
firmwares with xx.45.xx
they are SPAR firmwares, so not visbible on xerox support pages, you need to call
Happen here to with Chrome and Brave. With firefox, all content are not in the right place. Edge work well.
So now Xerox is a patner of Microsoft? eheh
So the best way and solve the problem is opening with Edge!
I configured a new Versalink B405 device with no problems. However, a coup,e of days later I tried to connect and couldn't do it.It shows the "requested operation" error message and doesn't allow me to log in. I didn't change the password. I've tried from different browsers. I tried from another machine and it didnt work with IE and Chrome, but worked with Edge. Is it probably a java or flash player related issue?
The way you just described is the perfect scenario, because if I was in the middle of doing a job and somebody went and turned the printer off I would be more than a little upset.
There is no reason to go across town, just wait for the printer to not be in use, or call the person onsite to reboot it when they finish what they are doing.
I get this error any time a job is in progress and I try to make a change to a setting. If a job is in progress, and in error, I get this message when I try to restart the device remotely. I have to go to the device, across town, and manually restart it. What kind of remote admin is that?
Chrome will log into the printer itself just fine, the issue it has is setting new passwords (For email logins or FTP/SMB shares)
Here is a Versalink I am currently logged into for instance
Everything else works fine. And it isn't just IE that works, EDGE/IE/Safari/Firefox/Ice Weasel/Flock/Opera/Avant/Konqueror/Samsung Internet all work just fine.
I've found that Xerox UI for the doesn't Support anything other than Microsoft Explorer. Chrome won't log-in. Only wrong Password is passed as the error, even if it is correct. Appears to be something in password encryption between the two Browsers that isn't correct and other alternatives I personally haven't tested.
Use Microsoft Explorer, accept the continuous system hang ups and live with it. Perhaps someday the Xerox UI will support Browsers other than FireFox or MS
I would just use the browser that does work to disable HTTPs.
Then verify all browsers work in all OS's.
Then create a new cert and enable HTTPs again on the printer and test again.
Thanks! Also found out that one of our work colleagues changed teh password. Yeah, that'll do it, too!
I am also seeing some odd browser behavior (System is currently patched Win 10 x64):
Edge - Upon initial connection, I am presented with the error: The operation cannot be processed". I click OK and proceed to the login page. After entering the correct credentials, the landing page is bounced between ...index.html and ...index.html#hashHome
IE (11) - Cannot even connect to one of my devices due to certificate errors. The device that prevents me from connecting only shows the following error: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID. I am not sure why one device will allow me to connect using IE and the other will not.
Chrome: No issues. I can proceed past the initial certificate errors, but no problems past that.
We have a Win 8.1 system here that cannot connect at all, on any browser, and gets the dancing pages issue (same as my Edge issue).
Lastly, on my Macbook, using Safari, I can connect just fine, same as when using Google Chrome.
If I need to move this issue to a new post, or different category, please let me know.
3 failed logins (in a row) will block you as this one has.
You just have to reboot it.