cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: WorkCentre 7545 - Limit access to color use via password or PIN

maybe you can use the security tab of the driver, be sure the logged in user only has "print documents" right instead of the  "manage print" right

0 Kudos
fabfisc

2 Things:

1) how can i do that? (be sure the logged in user only has "print documents" right instead of the  "manage print" right)

2) i've configured LDAP, but how and when can i see the mail addresses when i select (from the printer front panel physically) the scan option?

For now, i can send to an email addres wich i manually insertet, before, but where i can get the entire list from LDAP?

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

when you configure ldap, the network addressbook should be avaible on the machine if your ldap settings are correct...

that manage print , you can configure that in the security tab of the driver, this is a windows feature, not a xerox one

0 Kudos
fabfisc

For now, i've created 2 account in the printer (via web interface).

Using the first, some users can print b/w and/or color; the others will use the second account to prina b/w.

Now, i setted up color to b/w in the driver, for the first user, and even the user change to COLOR don't know the account who can print in that way, so the printer will print a blank sheet.

How can i set this option, by default, in every installation (about 100) at office?

I made yet a rar file that, using vbs and cmd, will create a local printer (not a lan printer), create the port by the IP i assigned to the 7545, install drivers and ask if set this as default printer or not.

But i don't know how to do for setting configuration parameters as before...

Is there a way to use script?

I apologize if what i wrote is not so clear.

Many thanks.

Fabrizio

0 Kudos
fabfisc

Update:

i found a partial solution.

This script enable "black and white" printing:

setprinter.exe "Xerox Global Print Driver PCL6" 2 "pdevmode=dmcolor=1"

This script enable "color" printing:

setprinter.exe "Xerox Global Print Driver PCL6" 2 "pdevmode=dmcolor=1"

Now i'm searching for how to enable XSA via script and how to give default ID Account, created on the printer.

Will write other updates once i'll get them.

0 Kudos
fabfisc

Xerox answer to all my questions saying that is not possible to replicate driver's configuration on others pc, simply copying a config file, other way but via print server.

I installed 7545 drivers on one pc, enabled XSA, and seted up one account.

I see, in "Properties - Options - Configuration file" that there's the possibility to save a config file, but HOW TO USE IT?

Xerox answer that is not functioning just copying this file to another pc.

Moral of the story, i'll have to install drivers over 100 pc and configure it, enabling XSA and entering ID Account to everyone....

:smileysad:

Thanks to everyone gave support to me.

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

0 Kudos
fabfisc

Nope :smileysad:

I just look there, xerox support lead me to this documentation too, but this wasn't able to clone/replicate my configuration's driver to another pc.

I copied the file, generated after start registering the change to the default configuration, to another pc, but the changes i made in the pc1 wasn't reported to the pc2!

As i said, i made a rar that (with vbs, cmd shell, .exe of rktool) creates IP port, install drivers, ask me to set as default or not and sets default printing option to b/w (thanks to setprinter.exe, inside rktools).

In this case, stands out the step to enable the XSA and give the ID Account, that i'll have to do manually.

Thanks anyway for the links.

0 Kudos
JCA

My 7120 does not have Microsoft AD. Any alternative?
0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

1) xerox changed the way of the predifined config with xml, you need to install the latest global driver

2) all 7120 can be configured with ldap accounting to limit color access, also XSA is possible with the 7120 to limit color access :)

0 Kudos