cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"accounting system" option in W7 64bit driver greyed out

Jump to solution

hello all,

I have just run into an issue wth the account system setup in the the W7 64b driver.  I have a 2008r2 print server setup and a printer queue made for a WorkCentre 5745.  Users connect to the printer queue and the printer and driver install fine on their machines.  But when the user triies to go the the Configuration tab, then Accounting, they find the "accounting system" drop down box greyed out.

the users are administrators on their local machine; their rights to the printer are for "print" only.  If the user has "manage printer" rights then they can choose the accounting system setup from the drop down box.  But I don't want to give them that much rights if it is possible not to since it appears then that changes by them to the printer properties on the local machine then propagate back up to the server.  I don't want that to happen.

I have tried the latest global pcl driver and the real pcl driver for this model printer -- both have the same problem.

each user has their own personal code that should be entered in that box as instructed by our support staff.  I don't want it to prompt for the code each time they print.

am i missing something or is there a better way to accomplish this?  thanks for you help!!

-

Wayne Fee

Technology Support Services

Appalachian State University

feejw@appstate.edu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: "accounting system" option in W7 64bit driver greyed out

Jump to solution

dont think its possible , you need management rights todo that...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

hey Fabio, thanks for the response.  that is the conclusion I have come to also about this.  I'll set the permissions accordingly and see what happens. 

--

Wayne Fee

Technology Support Services

Appalachian State University

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Using the PS driver. I don't understand why they would offer accounting but make it so difficult to use a print server and provide individual accounting services to users.

I would love a second oppinion on this. We just replaced our Konica Minolta's with Xerox. We were using a print server for management and accounting exactly the same as on the Xerox - but a) users did not need management permissions to enable accounting and b) accounting information was stored per individual workstation/user account - when you made a change on one workstation it did not propogate back to the server. What gives?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Jump to solution

accounting just works fine, setup accounting on the print server, then when a user prints, he needs to enter an known code in the popup...

if you enable if on the print server, all clients needs to enter a code when printing..

if the code is known , then the print comes out... afterwards you can track and save reports through the webinterface of the machine??

I dont see why the user should be able to dsable of enable accounting? its up to the administrator that needs to enable or disable accounting?

0 Kudos