Good Day To All,
We are using the client 1.3.2 (2) software on our new M1 Macbook Air and finding that our battery usage is terrible since installation. When you look at the process, it is always at the top of the list for Energy Impact, fluctuates from 12-17, far above anything else including chrome which is always notoriously high. The app itself does not use ANY resources until its signed in and then it seems to chew up everyones battery. With the app running we get 4-6 hrs of a work day without having to plug in, without it running we can usually get 10 hrs easily.
Has anyone else experienced this?
M1, 2020 running Monteray 12.3.1
Please submit a support ticket so that the problem can be investigated in more detail.
We have a ticket open with Xerox for this but I thought I would share what we have found in our own testing.
1. Installed client on OSX 11.6.6 and found impact stayed between 3-4. As soon as upgraded to 12.4.1 impact was between 13-17.
2. Client is still INTEL class and therefor is not able to natively use M1 efficiency cores.
3. Tested with 3rd party app "App Tamer - 15 day free trial" Was able to force Client to use efficiency cores only and impact immediately dropped to 0.5. We tested a print job and impact hit 12 but returned to 0.5 once finished. Turning off the force to efficiency cores the client went back to 13-17 impact.
OSX 11.6.6 fluctuates between 3-4 Energy Impact
OSX 12.2.1 fluctuates between 3-7 Energy Impact
OSX 12.3.1 fluctuates between 10-14 Energy Impact
OSX 12.4.1 fluctuates between 13-17 Energy Impact