cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salvador Flores
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Xerox Workplace Cloud and Non-Xerox devices

Does anyone have any experience, documentation or video of how to configure XWC and Non-Xerox devices?  How the authentication and secure print works?  Do to Covid, I don't have a non- Xerox device to use and test.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
XMP_Admin
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Xerox Workplace Cloud and Non-Xerox devices

A non-Xerox device would still need to be discovered via the agent.  Printing would need to be either direct, or follow-you.  If using follow-you, the release of the jobs would need to done using eithe a network appliance or the mobile app.

Authetication at a printer is an EIP feature and only support on advanced Xerox devices.

Secure print is also a Xerox specific feature built into to the driver and printers.  Non-Xerox devices would not be supported for this option.

"Innovating how the world communicates, connects and works."
0 Kudos
Salvador Flores
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Thank you, I am aware of the available options for the Non-Xerox devices.  I was hoping someone had actual documention as to how to set it up and how it functions.

0 Kudos
XMP_Admin
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Information on the network appliances can be found in the admin guide.  For more details please reference the XWC support link:  https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/1909377 

"Innovating how the world communicates, connects and works."
0 Kudos
Salvador Flores
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I'm looking for actual instructions on how to configure and use WPC on Non-Xerox devices.  I'm already familiar with the network device and card reader for authenticating and releasing the job.  I need to understand how non-xerox devices are actually installed and configured in WPC.

0 Kudos