I am facing the same issue as well. It was initially observed on a single device but now 2 out 5 devices present this issue. I tried, the solution provided below but it didn't work.
Also, when looking at the troubleshooting guide, it says something about checking the HTTPS communication between the devices and XWS server.
The Workplace Suite Printer Client Copy requires that the printer can connect to the server, using HTTPS and the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the XWS server.
My copy jobs are not printing, the printer displays an error, or prints an error page with one of these errors: To validate connectivity:
• There was a problem with external print server
1. Verify that the printer can connect to the Xerox® Workplace Server using HTTPS and the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
• Error Notice: Error is printed as 'There was a
2. Using a computer connected to the same network as the printer, test the printer-to-server connection.
problem detected using HTTPS'
a. Enter this URL into a Web browser: https:\\<FQDN Server Name>\login If successful, a login page appears. b. From that page, log in to Xerox® Workplace Suite as Administrat- or.
3. Validate that the Xerox® Workplace Suite server HTTPS Certificate matches the FQDN, and that the issuer matches the FQDN server name.
I have also followed these instructions but nothing changed. My fear is that it spreads throughout the entire fleet and users are unable to use the copy client anymore.
Any help or tips would be much appreciated .
Have you validated the following:
To enable Copy and Scan features on your Xerox® AltaLink® Printer:
1. Access the Embedded Web Server page for your Xerox AltaLink printer, then log in as an
2. Select Properties > Apps > Printing > Printing Web Services.
3. Verify that the following settings are selected:
4. Select Properties > Apps > Workflow Scanning.
5. Ensure that Remote Start (TWAIN) is selected.
6. For printers enabled with the Xerox® Workplace Suite, select Repair or Re-add.
7. At the printer control panel, select the Workplace Suite App, then verify that the Copy and Scan
features are installed and available on the Xerox AltaLink printer.
We are using Xerox Workplace Suite version 126.96.36.199 at my organization.
Unfortunately, we have a significant number of errors during copy function process. The error message is "Unable to process document ’Job_13.52.00.057’. The printer is unable to copy your document."
In the job log, there is no information about the cause of this issue and if we use a native app for copy, it works perfectly.
Could anybody help me with the investigation process?