cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isemris

XWS Client install [ERROR] [VcRedistInstallAction] Unexpected Exception: Culture code [1051]

Hi ,

I cannot deploy XWS Client silently by execute :

XeroxWorkPlaceSuiteClient_v5.6.201.6.exe /S /L1033 /INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Xerox\Xerox Workplace Suite Client"  

In log I found error :

HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: [IMPORTANT] [LamdaInstallAction] (Import PreConfig.xml file) Do Finish
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: [LamdaInstallAction] (Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributables (x86)) Do Start
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: vcRedistName = Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributables (x86)
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: hklmSubKey = SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\VC\Runtimes\x86
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: assemblyWithEmbeddedRedist = Merged.Controller, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: resourceName = VC_redist.x86.exe
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: tempDir = C:\Users\ise\AppData\Local\Temp\saqazp0j.g20
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: tempFileName = VC_redist.x86.exe
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: installTimeout = 00:05:00
HTMLLogger [10/18/2021 12:04:26.561]: [ERROR] [VcRedistInstallAction] Unexpected Exception: Culture code [1051] could not be resolved

Clients are W10Pro  21H1 build 19043.928 but in Slovak localization.

The installer tries install VC_redist with LCID 1051 instead of LUID 1033 that is required by switch .

Installation with GUI works fine but is not applicable in my environment.

Is there a way to fix that issue ?

Thanks

7 Replies
XMP_Admin
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: XWS Client install [ERROR] [VcRedistInstallAction] Unexpected Exception: Culture code [1051]

This will require further diagnosis.  Please submit a support ticket using the following site:

https://mas-support.corp.xerox.com/Support/Index.html

"Innovating how the world communicates, connects and works."
isemris

Re: XWS Client install [ERROR] [VcRedistInstallAction] Unexpected Exception: Culture code [1051]

Thank you , it's submited .

0 Kudos
derekb

Hi there,

I am also in the process of attempting to automate install of XWS, as we will have to install it for 40+ different print servers in the near future.

How are you handling the Windows roles/features requirements?

Normally in a GUI install, the installer checks to see if certain roles are present (such as IIS, etc) and offers a one-click button to install the missing roles/features. In my testing, the silent install fails if any of the roles are missing. 

Is there any way you can think of to get around this? Only thing I can think of is to find out the exact roles/features required, and install them via Powershell before running the installer. How are you handling this part?

0 Kudos
derekb

Thanks XMP Admin, had no idea there was an online portal to submit tickets for XWS... Now I don't have to spend hours in the phone trying to get to the right department! THANK YOU!
0 Kudos
isemris

Hi Derekb , my server part installation goes fine , without issues on Server 2019 with latest release of XWS.

I have issues only with deployment XWS clients in silent mode via group policy on Windows10 with Slovak localisation, GUI installation goes fine but is not usable to deploy via group policy. 

If you have isues with roles enablement during installation, you can try it by old way , enable all required roles and then start installer or try google how to do it with powershell, I haven't needed that in single server installation.

Anyway , if you submit a ticket on link in that thread the support team will contact you really quickly.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
derekb

Thanks for the reply -- I submitted a ticket, let's see what happens.

0 Kudos
XMP_Admin
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Derek,

Regarding your question on: "...automate install of XWS, as we will have to install it for 40+ different print servers".  The XWS solution does not have an option to do silent server installation.  It's expected that servers are installed one at a time in interactive mode.

For this item: "How are you handling the Windows roles/features requirements?", the roles should be listed in the install guide for XWS.  If you look in Appendix B, there is an ISS section this lists the roles.

Regards,

XMP Admin

"Innovating how the world communicates, connects and works."
0 Kudos