Have more updates.
The problem is the government network that the machines are on blocks the "Xerox Device Connector" extension. Both in Chrome or IE. It does not show up in the "Add On" to enable or disable.
So Moving forward, when I comunicate with IT , can you provide me the needed,eg, extension/address/add on information that IT would need to "unblock" or "allow"? Thanks
From the screen shot of the App Gallery App, it looks like an older version of the app is installed on the device. What version of the app does the device have installed?
The older versions of the app established a UserID as the username (not your email address). Did you try logging in with the userID associated with your account?
To save time, it might be easier/faster to reinstall the App Gallery App on to the device from the App Gallery web portal. After re-installing the latest version for the App Gallery App, you should be able to log in successfully.
If you are still not able to log in to the App Gallery App following the update, please let me know and I will look in to this right away.
Thanks for sharing the additional information.
Regarding the 'Add-On' error that you are seeing in the web browser, the App Gallery does require a Plug-In/Browser Extension to interface with the device. Can you verify that the Xerox Device Connector is installed and enabled for your browser? To do this, click the gear icon in the upper right of your browser window. Select the Manage Add-Ons option from the dropdown menu. In the popup window, check the status of the Xerox Device Connector. If the status is Disabled, go ahead and enable the plug in by clicking the Enable button in the lower right. If it is not install, please clear your browser cache, close and reopen the browser window and try installing the plug-in.
If your Internet Explorer browser continues to generate the error, you could try the Chrome browser (if you have it installed on you PC).
If the plug-in is install and enable, but you are still seeing the error message, please let me know and I will investigate further.
1. Attached is the screen shot of testing the URL at the machine. and a screen shot of the user name and password. I am able to login to the https://appgallery.services.xerox.com/#!/home/ from my computer but when I try the URL test from the "services set up" on the Web interface, appgallery.services.xerox.com and appgallery.external.xerox.com both links show "Website not Found"
2. I do not have any special characters in my password.
3. Remote services are communicating at the printer and the software level is 101.003.009.00300
My apologies for the delay.
It sounds like you have a couple issues happening;
1) Using the App Gallery Web Portal to install apps, you are receiving a message stating that an Add-on is having trouble. Does a message display indicating the the Xerox Device Connector extension is required? If this is not the message that you are seeing, could you please attach a screen capture to the message?
If you are seeing a message that references the Xerox Device Connector extension, can you check the URL that you are using, please? Are you using appgallery.external.xerox.com? If yes, please switch the URL to appgallery.services.xerox.com. Both of these URLs should work, but we've been having trouble with the redirects (we are working with our IT folks to correct this).
2) Using the App Gallery App at the device is generating a 'Username/Password not correct' error. Logging in to the App Gallery from your PC browser is successful, though. Is that correct? Does you're account password happen to contain any special characters? If yes, which ones are included in your password? Can you also share a screen capture of this error message, please?
Was working fine. C8070 Software at 101.003.009.00300 I get " an Add-on for this website failed to run"
When trying to log in to the Xerox App Gallery, I get User name/password not correct. But, I can login to the "App Gallery through my PC no problem.