cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8 Replies
Eddieb68

Re: Open Printer App opens HP Smart

I downloaded from the download option on the link below.

Download Microsoft Printer Metadata Troubleshooter Tool December 2023 from Official Microsoft Downlo...

It didn't work so be interested to hear how you get on.

0 Kudos
spdev

Unable to even try to use this fix.  It requires you to choose the correct file to download.  Where do I find what download I need?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
spdev

Unable to even try to use this fix.  It requires you to choose the correct file to download.  Where do I find what download I need?

0 Kudos

Microsoft released a tool that will fix the initial problem with the Xerox V4 queue disappearing from the Xerox Print and Scan Experience (XPSE).

The expectation is that on computers that had Xerox V4 queues associated with the XPSE, and then were impacted by the HP metadata (problem is described at https://learn.microsoft.com/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-23h2#3218msgdesc), running the tool will reestablish the identity and association of the Xerox V4 queue with the XPSE.

Here is the related KB article and links to download the tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5034510-microsoft-printer-metadata-troubleshooter-tool-d...

This tool does not address the problem of new V4 queue installs that are not associating with the XPSE. This is still an open problem with Microsoft. 

0 Kudos
spdev

NO ANSWER YET!  Still not able to scan in Windows 11.  The issue is the Xerox app does not propagate the device multifunctions.  My old computer with windows 10 has no problem and the xerox app opens and works fine.  The issue is with Windows 11 which is making everyone download the HP smart app and we shouldn't need it, and the HP smart app doesn't work.  Microsoft is supposed to clear the issue. Have to wait for the update.  I saw below someone had a work around, but I am not that tech savvy and unable to understand what to do.

0 Kudos
Eddieb68

Did anyone ever find an answer to this, have Xerox support been able to help as experiencing the same of several PC's with C505?

Thanks

0 Kudos
spdev

This is also happening on Workcentre 3345.  No help from support, says issue is with Microsoft recent update for Windows 11.  Told there is no fix as of now and have to wait for MS to find the fix.

0 Kudos
Jarrodm08

This seems to be caused by a recent HP update pushed that effects all local printers (Including xerox printers) Try this following fix I found online as a temporary workaround until an update is released:

"The folder of metadata is: %PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceMetadataCache\dmrccache\tr\d3a162c7-a388-4099-b63d-265639514cc0

Removing the folder and reinstalling the driver with correct metadata should resolve the issue."

ab32d21f-dac9-45dc-bbde-8d4059ac913c.png

0 Kudos
BrianThor

Open Printer App opens HP Smart

I have a new PC running Windows 11 Pro to which I've added my Xerox WorkCentre 6515, both PS and PCL 6 V4 drivers. If I go into Settings, select the Open Printer App option for either of the WC6515 options the HP Smart opens. I want the Xerox Print and Scan Experience app to open. Also, if I manually open the Xerox PSE app there are no printers showing.

I've tried uninstalling all of the HP and Xerox software and re-adding just the Xerox software but this hasn't resolved my problem. 

I need to know how to change the app that opens and get my WC6515 to show in the Xerox Print and Scan Experience app.

Thanks.

0 Kudos