Thank you for the detailed information.
This is extremely helpful to us.
I will share this with the project team and will enter a Feature Request ticket in our system for tracking purposes.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or requests.
Our organization has about 70 users with Office 365 accounts, and 10 of them are regularly using a Xerox 7855 machine to print and scan their documents.
The "Print and Scan for Office 365" should have the following workflow on the Xerox display in order to allow our 10 users to scan their documents without too many complications:
- A user presses the “Print and Scan for Office 365” button on the Xerox display.
- A list with previously stored users is displayed and a “Create new Print and Scan for Office 365 user” option should also be available.
- If the username appears on the list of previously stored users, the user will select their name and normally proceed with scanning the document that will be saved in the user’s OneDrive. If their username doesn’t appear on the list, the new user will select “Create new Print and Scan for Office 365 user” and enter their login and password information for Office 365.
- The information regarding the new user is stored by the app as the new “Print and Scan for Office 365” user is created. The user will normally proceed with scanning the document and saving it to their OneDrive.
- When the newly created user presses the “Print and Scan for Office 365” button on the Xerox display again, their username will appear on the list of previously stored users and the user will only select their name without having to re-type the login and password information for Office 365.
Perhaps an admin user will also be necessary in order to properly manage the user profiles that are stored by the app.
Thank you for your feedback.
I would just like to better understand your request. Can you share how your company uses Office 365? Are you interested in a single sign on capability? Or are you just looking for a way to store your Office 365 credentials at the device? We have some items being designed/investigated, but what we are looking into may not support what you're requesting. The answers to the questions will let us know if we're on the right track.
We have the same problem at our company. The app is useless for us unless we have the possibility to save user credentials. Typing our Office365 username and password on the Xerox display every time that we have to scan a document is unthinkable.
When will an update be available with a function that manages and saves user credentials?
The Print and Scan Apps (including Office 365) do not currently allow you the option to save your credentials. Once the device times out or the user presses one of the buttons on the device (Services Home, etc.) the credentials will be cleared from the device. I have submitted this as a feature request for the Print and Scan for Office 365 App.
we have got a Xerox Workcentre 6655i and installed the app "Print and Scan to Office365".
When we scan a document, it will be saved to our cloud/sharepoint.
When we click on the app, it asks for login credentials - no problem, we are logging in and the app works as it should.
Now: When we close the app and open it again, it asks AGAIN for login credentials. Everytime! There is no option to save/remember the login data.
We are wondering, why all apps allow to save the login data but this app doesn't.
I have talked with the xerox support, they have no solution/patch for this issue and told me: "Maybe it's because of the time-out counter of the machine"
Do you guys have a solution or experienced something similiar?
Greetings from Germany.