cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flynnsxerox New Member

Scan to Cloud Email app - Excessive lag time when receiving scans

We have a customer who has an Altalink C8030 and they are reporting that when they use the Scan to Cloud Email app, it takes a long time to receive the scan. Customer is reporting that when scanning 1 page, it could take up to 2 hours to receive the scan and when scanning 25 pages, it does not go through at all.

I assume there is not an issue on the Xerox server side, so do you think there is a setting that needs to be changed on the printer or do you think there could be an issue with their network set up?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xerox Employee XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee

Re: Scan to Cloud Email app - Excessive lag time when receiving scans

Hello. 

I ran a couple tests here and didn't experience a lag.  The one page and 25 page files were both received within 2 minutes. 

Do you know what the scanned file sizes are?  The file size could be a factor in the delay.  Based on the email server settings, if the 25 page file is too large it will be blocked from sending.  I'm not sure what the size limit is (we have a 25 MB limit) for your customers email provider.  The customer would need to check with their email server administrator.  Also, if the scan is set to low compression/resolution, that could make a difference in the file size.  I would check the compression that is selected/set when scanning.  If the compression (Resolution) setting is low, maybe try a higher resolution (I used 300 dpi) to see if that helps. 

Have they tried the native Scan To Email app that came pre-installed on the device?  I'm wondering if the same lag will occur.  If email sends from both apps lag, then this could rule out any app concerns and would point to a potential server/network/printer issue/setting that could be investigated once we how both apps behave.

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos
flynnsxerox New Member

To be clear, the customer is using the Xerox Scan to Cloud Email app, not their own email provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee

Hello. 

Yes, but there could still be limitations on large file sizes.  The customer email provider may not allow large file attachments coming in and may be rejecting the incoming email. 

Are they experiencing the same lags/email not sending when using the native Scan to Email app?  Or are the delays longer when the native app is used?

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos