cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afrench157

Unknown error when installing custom app

Working on a Versalink C405 running 68.51.1 firmware and am trying to add a custom scanning app. When trying to install it errors out on the verifying step with an unknown error.

I tried installing the custom app from the app gallery on the MFP itself with the same result.

The EIP settings look to be correct and SNMP 1/2 is enabled. DNS settings look to be correct as well. 

We have created and installed a number of apps successfully to this device, but it has suddenly stopped working. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly apperciated. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Unknown error when installing custom app

How many apps do you have installed on the device. It could be that you have run out of space. Those devices did not come with a hard drive. Try removing some apps and see if you can then install the app.

0 Kudos
afrench157

Thank you!

I deleted 2 apps and was able to install 1. I had to remove 2 additional to install the second. Any reason that you know of as to why it would be a 2:1 ratio? 

0 Kudos
XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

how many apps do you have on the device? These devices do not come with internal hard drives so you might have hit the max. Please try removing a few apps and try again. I do know there is a kit you can get to increate the hardrive

0 Kudos