cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GAVINL Member

deviceID and EIPApplicationID?

Jump to solution

From the xerox developer instruction, I saw these 2 IDs here?  The explanation says it is the guid of the App making the call and guid of the Device on which the App is executing? What exactly are they? Someone has an example?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator XAG Admin

Re: deviceID and EIPApplicationID?

Jump to solution

Hello, GAVINL. 

Both the deviceID and EIPApplication ID are provided by the App Gallery via the entitlement object when a user pacakages their app. 

As you noted, both of these IDs are GUIDs and look similar to this:  3a3c4fae-650b-4c39-a411-ee9c7b845c1e.

Unfortunately, the device cannot be queried for its ID, since these GUIDs are generated by the App Gallery and not the device itself.

I hope that this information is helpful. 

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos
GAVINL Member

Jump to solution

So there is no way for our cloud based app to get these 2IDs? because from the XADK, the front end of the app needs to pass this IDs to the backend of the app?\

thanks

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

Hi, GAVINL, 

The information that you are looking for is included in the XADK documentation.  You need to find the following document:  App Developer Instructions Ecommerce Supplement_v1_5.docx

See section AppID and DeviceID in the document to determine how to retrieve these IDs.  The blue section includes sample code that should help you to retrieve the AppID and DeviceID information. 

I hope that this is helpful, but please let me know if additional questions come up. 

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator 

0 Kudos