cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: APP Scan to Folder does not allow tiff files without creating new folder.

Most of the invoices from the handheld printers are scanned via the glass. There are a few that can be scanned in through the feeder, but not many, since they are not wide enough. We cannot scan more than one invoice on the glass at a time, because they have to be uploaded as one invoice per file in order for the accounting software to process them. For long invoices, we do have to cut them, and then we do put all of parts of each of the invoices on the glass. That is still one invoice per scan page though.

Most of the 8.5 X 11 are scanned through the feeder all at once. Scanning them one at a time would take too long.

The AltaLink devices by default will create subfolders. However, when you login to the device from a browser, there is a checkbox under Properties->Scan To->Setup->Defaults called: "Sub-folder (.XSM) for 1 File Per Page, File Format jobs". If you uncheck this box, then this turns off the subfolders.

We just want the exact same functionality on the VersaLink. If you are able to find an alternative solution that will work with the VersaLinks then that is great. It sounds like this is not possible, though, which is why our dealer is currently looking for replacement scanners.

Chad Hastings
DGS-Acquisitions, LLC
Director of Information Technology

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, Chad. 

Thank you for sharing the additional information. 

I poked at a possibe VersaLink alternative app yesterday.  There might be a One-Touch app that can be created that could possibly work.  I need to do more investigating today.  It's going to depend on what VersaLink settings are offered and how the actually work.  I'm looking at this now.

As soon as I have the information I need, I will share what I'm looking in to with you.  Stay tuned.

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Have you been able to get the One-Touch app you mentioned working?

With help from our Xerox dealer, we did find a viable workaround that will work temporarily, so we are not having to fax everything anymore. However, it requires us to use third party software, and adds multiple steps to the accounting department workflow. We really need to be able to scan tiffs as single page files without the subfolders, and without use additional third party software.

had Hastings
DGS-Acquisitions, LLC

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, Chad.

My apologies for the delay.

Unfortunately, I did not have any luck with the 1-Touch app on the VersaLink device.  After I struggled with it for a while, I found that the device needs to add a setting similar to the AltaLink .XSM policy setting that you shared with me previously.  

As luck would have it, I had a conversation with some folks that work closely with the VersaLink device team and they were actually working on a SFR (Feature Request) for the VersaLink team regarding this exact same topic.  I shared the frustration that the inability to turn off the subfolders is causing and mentioned that customers are considering returning the devices because of this.  This information was shared with the device team and has been added to the SFR.  The hope is that this will put urgency behind getting this item added by the VersaLink team.  I don't have the SFR number, but I can get it for you, if you would like it for reference. 

Device changes can take a little time, but I can keep you posted with periodic updates on progress here.  Please feel free to ask for an update at any time, though.

Thank you,

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have heard from our dealer that a fix (either app or firmware upgrade) for this was in the works. Do you have any information on this, i.e. when it be released, what it will change, etc.? 

Chad Hastings
DGS-Acquisitions, LLC

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, Chad. 

Your dealer is correct. 

We have requested the VersaLink development team to provide an option to disable subfolder creation when scanning.  The team has not responded to or accepted our request yet, so unfortunately, I don't have an outlook for when this might be available.  I will update this post as soon as I have more information on a release date. 

Please feel free to post here for an update at any time. 

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos