I was going to say, I just tried it myself with a few gifs and couldn't get it to happen myself. So it's a good thing the memory adjustment looks like it fixed it. Wonder if keeping it up for a very long time will be an issue.
After sending an email to the support mailbox, I now know how to change the browser memory allocation.
This seems to have done the trick. No more app crashing :)
Thanks for the tip, Damien! Kudos coming your way :)
Thanks for your reply.
I've tried this on several machines running the latest SPAR release (072.110.134.32804).
I've tried it on a WC6655, WC7225 and a CQ9303. All with the same result.
The last GIF image that I tried its file size is 104kB but I had the same result with other .gifs as well.
I did try creating other .GIF images using a completely different toolset (instead of just plain Photoshop), which yields the same result.
The strange thing is that, when I change the .gif of a different app I made last week (which works perfectly on the same machines), I get the same result as well. The original .gif in this app is around 400kB.
Thanks in advance.
That's interesting, what device model & software version are you using? I have an animated gif here and I'll give it a try.
It could be the browser is running out of memory too if the gif is too large. Can you tell me the file size? I would also try and increase the browser's memory allocation on the device as well. Though I'm not sure I'm allowed to post the link for it on the forum you can get it from the support email if you don't already know it.
I've created an info app with an animated .gif.
The user is able to open the app, but it closes automatically after 15 seconds.
When I use a static image, there are no issues in the same app, and I've tried recreating the app as well.
The gif is exported from Photoshop CC.
Edit: I've removed transparency and reduced the frames from 250 to 80.
I've also tried using ImageMagick to create the animated .gif, but it keeps closing the app on the MFP.
I've even tried building a whole new info app with a new .gif, all with the same result...
Thank you in advance.