cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Print and Scan for Google Drive - keyboard

Jump to solution

We have "Print and Scan for Google Drive" working on a WorkCentre 7845. However, if you enter invalid information or let the app time out on the Google login it locks up. There is no way to make the keyboard appear to let you enter correct information and no way to cancel out of the app. We've found no option other than powering down and back on.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Print and Scan for Google Drive - keyboard

Jump to solution

Just hit the Services Home button to the upper left of the UI. (Only silver button on the MFP)

Apps on the MFP cannot run in the background, so as soon as you exit you will be able to go back in and do the login.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks, but

Jump to solution

The Services Home button is inactive if the login gets stuck -- and even if the login is not yet stuck, when you go to Services Home and back into the app it is still where you left it. There is no back or reset to recover from a failed Google login.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Thanks, but

Jump to solution

Odd, ours doesn't replicate that at all.

With the system timeout of 5 minutes, it just clears you out of the login screen on its own and goes back to All services.

With the Autoclear disabled, And Low Power/Energy saver set to 1 minute, I waited 30 minutes and could easily get out of the screen by tapping the All Services button.

I tested this on a 7855 with the General release (073.040.075.34540) as well as the latest spar release ( 073.040.066.08210)

What is really odd in this is that All Services is a physical hardware button, at the very least the machine should make a beeping sound signifying it was pressed. And if it does get to the home screen it should be absolutely impossible for the app to be running.

Besides just remove and install the app, I have nothing left to offer. If there is an issue , as far as I know, nobody has reported it officially through Xerox 2nd level for any of the Connectkey fleet. You should probably get a configuration sheet and very specific recreation steps written up to give to Xerox 2nd level here so this can hopefully be replicated to find if the bug is resident to the device or the app.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestions. I've lowered the system timeout to two minutes so we'll see if that resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

If it freezes up can't you just click the Clear All (yellow) button twice and reset the app?  That should force close the app.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution
I would recommend trying to click the Clear All button twice to reset the app as well. Double tapping the Clear All button should close and reset the app.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Clear All button

Jump to solution

We'll try that. Thanks. Didn't know about tapping it twice.

0 Kudos