cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JusVN13632-XAD New Member

Printer not authorized error

Hello,

I am having trouble with One Drive. I have a ! in my password. I had another person try logging in and they were successful. His password has no special characters of any kind. I read that # was the only character known to cause this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Justin Jones

Xerox Analyst II

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xerox Employee XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee

Re: Printer not authorized error

Hello, Justin. 

Thank you for the message. 

Can you provide some additional information, please?  

Which app are you using?  Is it the Print and Scan for OneDrive app installed from App Gallery?  Or are you using an App Studio app?

Also, what device are you using and what version of firmware is installed?  

Having an ! in the password has not been known to cause any issues with the apps, but we will look into that here.  Can you tell me where in the password does the ! occur?  Is it at the beginning, middle or end of the password?  

Thank you, 

XAS Moderator

0 Kudos
JusVN13632-XAD New Member

It is the Print and Scan for OneDrive app installed from App Gallery. The device is a 7970i. Firmware is 

The ! is the last 3 characters of the password.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee XAS-Moderator
Xerox Employee

Hello, Justin. 

Thank you for the additional  information. 

I changed my account passwords to include !.  I have both a personal and business OneDrve account.  Both include an ! (at the beginning of one and the end of the other).  I was not able to recreate the Printer Not Authorized error here.

Do you think that you could attempt to log into the app again, when you have a few minutes?  If yes, could you then share the device serial number and the date and time that you attempted the log in? I can have the server logs checked for any associated information. 

Thank you, 

Deb

0 Kudos