Search the Community
Customer Support Forum
- Community Information
- Support Forums
- FreeFlow Production Workflow Forum
- Community Suggestions
- Ask the Expert
I just changed the empty Cyan toner with a new one on our Workcentre 7242 and it does not recognise the new toner. Still keeps saying it is empty.
I followed the instructions and did restart the printer couple of time.
Is there any special trick I need to do in this case. Maybe clean something or do a special procedure?
Thanks and regards
Hi Philip, In this case, it is sure that your problem become from Cyan Developer Housing and&...
In this case, it is sure that your problem become from Cyan Developer Housing and If you do not have a Service Manual to guide you to remove Developer Housing I recommend you a tech person to do that.
Since the update yesterday no PC's could be found on the LAN but after using some suggestions from around the web forums now see the PCS on the wired LAN but still no printers.
The ColorQube 8570 shows as offlinbe but I have tried all the usual things but noithing works.
I sometimes get, The Printer is in an Error state and Printer Status is not available at this time
It is a network and may driver issue.
Is there a new driver required ?
HP has released a drive evidentky.
Thank you CherylO. After maybe a week and trying what all you guys have suggested as well ...
Thank you CherylO.
After maybe a week and trying what all you guys have suggested as well as my own experience, I have it finally working.
The most recent of my activities was to Device Mgr, uninstall the printer like I have done so many times with this problem.
This time I chose the 'Older printer' option and it found the ColorQube 8570DN. It installed the 8570/8870 Class driver and the printer worked.
I had chosen every other option like I always did and assumed the Older printer was to be a really old one, not a 2017 one!
Anyway, it looks like I am now able to get back to earning a few crumbs again !
I really do appreciate the help
My VersaLink B400 has started printing in very low resolution: it's all pixelated, like much less than 600 dpi even, where it should be 1200 dpi.
I tried unsitalling and reinstalling the driver, but it didn't help.
I made sure printing quality was set to enhanced under properties > preferences (not that it should matter, since even for standard printing quality those pixels are much larger than expected).
I'm using the latest version of the Type 3 Driver under Windows 10.
I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
Troubleshoot to find where the problem is. 1. Print with no PC or driver, does it sti...
Troubleshoot to find where the problem is.
1. Print with no PC or driver, does it still occur? (You can submit a print job via EWS > Home > Submit File
It works with .pdf, .ps, .pcl, .prn, .xps, .jpg, .tif, or .txt. files
That will tell you if you are troubleshooting hardware or software.
2. If it is still bad, a simple thing is to just update the firmware, it probably won't work (there is no "all the sudden prints are garbage for no reason bugs that I know of), but it can't hurt and doesn't cost money either.
3. If it still fails to get good results, check that the paper isn't humid, and that it isn't loaded as plain when it is really cardstock or some other setup.
4. If it worked via EWS, the issue is the PC/Software/Driver. So does it happen with a particular Application? Indesign has some things that cause this issue (can be resolved), Acrobat/Reader has also had some similar bugs that could be worked around/fixed.
5. If it happens from all applications, look to the driver, and here there are many options, don't just reinstall the same driver, change them up completely, you Have the native driver in both PS and PCL, then there is the Global Print driver, which has PS, PCL5 and PCL6. They are made by different people in different teams in different locations, they won't all behave the same, and if they do, the driver has been eliminated from the equation as well.
6. Hardware (Now we are looking into the money things) It is possible the print engine is toast, though I have never heard of it actually happening without a plethora of faults, usually unable to boot up. The Fuser could be bad (Mottling due to overheating) A drum, Maintenance kit needed. I don't think it is any of these, especially since they are such long life items. So wait and see if Gabiene sees this and has anything to add
Hello, I have questions about WorkCentre 6515:
- Is there a possibility to receive a printed confirmation with Scan-to-Email?
- Can you cancel the redial process when sending a fax, e. with an incorrectly entered number?
Confirmations print by default only when the job fails, otherwise it is typically a waste of paper,...
Confirmations print by default only when the job fails, otherwise it is typically a waste of paper, and as many have put it (Xerox just using up valuable ink and wasting the customers money).
But you can indeed have it print when successful too.
EWS > Apps > Email then scroll down a little past the halfway mark to find it.
As for the fax cancel, it has to be done outside of the fax option.
So on the device go to Home > Jobs and just touch the fax job, then select Delete
Posted that on wrong section.. so here is the link
Thanks in advance!
Hi It's a Banner sheet and you can disable the option in the device level. ...
It's a Banner sheet and you can disable the option in the device level.
Enable or Disable the Banner Page on the Control Panel
- Log in as the System Administrator or Key Operator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Press the [Machine Status] button on the Control Panel. The Machine Status screen will be displayed.
- Select the [Tools] tab on the Touch Screen.
- Select the [Service Settings] button.
- Select [Job Sheets].
- Select [Banner Sheets].
- Select [Enabled] to print banner pages or [Disabled] to disable this feature.
- Select the [Save] button.
Search banner print on the below support page for additional information
Im a new here. I will try to explain what kind of problem do I have
When I'm printing on Xerox 7830 (it's the local printer)... many users are connected to this printer and can print.
The question is how do I disable the function that before every document I print from my computer it's printing (wasting) paper with the information such as:
*who printed it
*what was the name of document the user printed
*date and time
and at the bottom of paper logo of XEROX
The thing is:
If I open 10 documents (each one consist of 1 page) and will print them.. it will print 20 documents...
Thanks in advance!
I have a Phaser 7800DX that has worked faultlessly from new.
Previous firmware upgrades via web browser have been successful.
Last night, I tried to upgrade from firmware: 081.150.103.29600 to 081.150.108.08600
The upgrade was not successful - either from USB or web browser
The printer appeared to accept the package but briefly flashed 'print deferred' or similar and then ignored the file.
The latest 7800 firmware was downloaded via the April 2018 SHA-1 Notice bulleting here: https://www.xerox.com/downloads/world/e/Expiration_Affected_Products_and_Solutions_EN.pdf
My suspicion is that the package is faulty.
Grateful for guidance on the likely issue or preferably a link to where I can get an installable version of 08600
Thank you and kind regards,
Hello - after successfully installing the subject app on my C600, when I try to open the app, I am asked for my email address and password as a login. When I enter my correct and current Office 365 password, it will not accept it. Is this a known problem or is the system asking me for a different password? Thank you in advance
Hello. Thank you for the additional informaiton. Based on the OneDri...
Thank you for the additional informaiton.
Based on the OneDrive URL you have shared, it looks like you might be using a Personal OneDrive account. If this is case, you might want to try the Print and Scan for OneDrive app instead of the Print and Scan for Office 365 app. The Office 365 app connects with Business account. The Print and Scan for OneDrive app was designed to connect with Personal OneDrive accounts. Please give this a try and let us know how it goes.
Now with that said, if the Print and Scan for OneDrive app does not resolve the issue, we can continue to investigate the Office 365 connection error of you. We can determine if you are using a custom domain for you. We would just need to know the Sharepoint and/or OneDrive URL that Office 365 uses. To find the two URLs, log in to your Microsoft account (Go here: https://login.microsoftonline.com and then enter your account email address and password.). Once logged in, click the Sharepoint icon. Sharepoint will open in a new browser tab. Copy the URL out of the browser window. It will look something similar to: xerox.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx. Go back to the Microsoft Office Home tab and repeat for OneDrive. The OneDrive URL will looks something like: xerox-my.sharepoint.com/personal/username/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx.
Check the detection section of the MOB Sensor for contamination,
1. How do I get to the MOB sensor?
2. How do I clean the MOB sensor?
the connectors for disconnection, and the connections for open circuit, short circuit, and poor contact.
Where is the sensor located?
If no problems are found, replace the MOB ADC Assembly
What is the part number for the MOB ADC Assembly?
Hi, The MOB sensor is in the left side of the black drum cartridge, but to easy access&nbs...
The MOB sensor is in the left side of the black drum cartridge, but to easy access to it you must remove the Fuser module, the IBT assy and after that you will see the MOB besides the registraton assy. The MOB assy have a cover that must gently slide and you will see 3 optical sensors which must be also gently cleaned.
The electrical connector of the MOB sensor is located under the front cover (on the left side).
I think just simple cleaning the MOB will solve your issue.
A few mounth ago i bought a Phaser 7800 and now i have to change the first toner (cyan)
I know it's a stupid question ... but I did not find anything in the user manual.
How to change the toner?
just open the front door and change the toner?
should the printer be turned on or off?